|2007 - 2012 (Various Versions)|
|There have been numerous
updates from 2007 thru 2012 and continue to the present day. Garmin
updates the real software so quickly that we are constantly changing
ours to keep up. Please refer to the forums for details.
|January 2, 2007 (Old Version)|
|1. MFD Direct-To activated, with mini-map during waypoint selection
2. MFD FPL key activated, with mini-map displayed during waypoint selection
3. Improved fidelity of text on MFD Map for waypoints in a flight plan, using Garmin symbology.
4. PFD softkey for "STD BARO" made operational.
5. Added "SetupG1K" configuration program to define airframe-specific options.
6. OBS Mode made operational (line displayed on map, but no autopilot guidance yet)
7. When an ICAO code that appears more than once on the planet is selected for a FPL or DTO,
a fully spelled out region name is now displayed instead of just the region code.
8. MFD Fuel Range Ring added to MFD map
9. Multiple versions of the engine stack now available, based on selected airframe.
10. Corrected flickering that could sometimes occur on GPS map on computers with high (fast) frame rates.
11. HDG and CRS knobs made more sensitive to knob turning speed so large changes can be made more quickly.
12. Added ability to load and save flight plans from MFD unit.
13. Added ability to delete all stored flight plans from the MFD unit.
14. Added ability to delete a specific stored flight plan from the MFD unit.
14. Added ability to invert and activate flight plans (in one step) on the MFD unit.
15. Added ability to copy one flight plan to another slot in the MFD unit.
16. Added ability to select and activate approaches on the MFD (previously available on PFD)
17. Extensive work to improve fidelity when flying instrument approaches, including better handling of suspended approaches, holding patterns, and procedure turns. Also added directional guidance to initial approach fix when an approach is activated from far away from the approach.
18. Added prohibited and restricted airspace to moving maps.
19. Waypoint input was made sensitive to the country in which you are flying, and will pre-fill the first character with the correct letter for your particular country instead of always using USA's 'K'.
20. Corrected GPS map display to properly reflect ground track in strong crosswinds when airplane is crabbing.
21. Added ADF tuning, and ADF bearing needle in RMI section of HSI
22. Added DME window to PFD.
23. Timer on TMR/REF window on the PFD was made operational
24. BRG softkeys on PFD now toggle between NAV, ADF and GPS sources for RMI needles
25. Improved functionality of automatic bearing pointer alignment when a localizer is tuned in.
26. Added NRST Airports window on MFD
27. Added NRST Intersections window on MFD
28. Added NRST NDB window on MFD
29. Added NRST VOR window on MFD
30. Added FS X Compatibility. Important Note about FSX: Several problems reported during the beta period appear to be problems in FSX, not our G1000. These problems only affect certain customers under certain conditions, and they do not appear in FS2004. Consequently, although many people are already successfully using the beta version of our G1000 in FSX, we will be releasing this latest version with the above known issue about bugs in FSX.
|July 27, 2006 (Prior Version)|
|1. Projected Position Vector displayed ahead of MFD GPS airplane.
2. Overall brightness control added to PFD setup menu.
3. Reference Airspeed Bugs added to airspeed tape
4. TMR/REF softkey added to customize airspeed bugs
5. Wind Direction Vector added to MFD
6. RMI-style BRG pointers added to HSI, activated with PFD>BRG softkeys
7. Traffic Reporting Improvements for high-traffic areas
8. Improved fidelity of animation for airspeed and altimeter magnified numbers
9. Improved text display on MFD's primary moving map.
10. Improved fidelity of intersection symbols on MFD primary moving map.
11. Improved responsiveness of MFD map when zooming in or out.
12. Delivery of Mindstar Update Wizard to assist with future updates.
|June 10, 2006 (Prior Version)|
|1. Inset GPS map added to PFD
2. PFD Inset Map has topography and traffic display capability
3. PFD inset map's Topo and Traffic display can be toggled on and off
4. PFD inset map zoom level controllable by PFD's range knob
5. PFD can select and activate instrument approaches
6. PFD can remove an approach from a flight plan
7. Instrument approaches automatically go into SUSP mode at missed-approach-point
8. MFD moving map is now locked in place and no longer needs to be manually positioned.
9. MFD moving map includes Topo and Traffic display capability
10. MFD Topo and Traffic display can be toggled independently of PFD
11. MFD moving map zoom level can be controlled independently of PFD
12. MFD Waypoint Pages can look up information on various waypoint types.
13. Frequencies can be loaded from MFD Airport page into the selected standby COM field.
14. Frequency for selected approach navaid can be loaded into selected standby NAV field.
15. MFD map shows "north vector arrow" when map is in "Track Up" mode.
|April 15, 2006 (Prior Version)|
|The following new
features have been added to the latest version:
1. Enter Direct-To Waypoints from PFD